Mar 18 - School Closure

Video Update 3/18/20


Dang!

This isn't looking too good. Not sure when our school lives (or outside school lives) will return to normal. The governor is saying that we could be done with school for the rest of the year! That brings up many questions (grades for the semester, graduation, etc.). I want you to know, as of today, no one has answers. We are all in a "wait and see" phase of this thing. So before you bombard Mr. Perez with your questions, just give it a while. I would wait through Spring Break before you start to freak out too bad. Between now and then, more information should come out and the status of our country will have changed. For now... keep calm and carry on (like the British in WWII).

This is what I do know for the time-being in regards to our U.S. History class:

  1. Grades for the progress grade will be posted soon. I would focus on missing assignments for my class and others. Email me if you have questions. I need all of that work submitted by Thursday night (including the research project!)
  2. The homework on the assignment sheet is still a great thing to be doing. This week do CH 22 readings and next week do CH 23. If we get back the week after spring break, both reading will be due that Friday.
  3. The Edpuzzle video that was assigned Friday should be completed (through the Edpuzzle interface) by Thursday night. That is work from last Friday and needs to be completed. I will work with students that have tech issues.
  4. I will be in my classroom until noon today if you want to set up a phone call to chat about stuff. Please email me and we can schedule a call.
Even after this week, please feel free to email, use Remind, and stay up to date on what is going on. It is a changing situation and there are many different ways that this could go in the coming weeks.

Take Care,

Mr. T

Video(s) of the Day

Handwashing PSA from Vietnam